Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mothers Day Mama!



Today my dad forwarded me an article. And I would like to share it with you.

For about as long as I can remember the first weekend in May, my mom and I would travel to Solvang, CA to see my dad ride in the annual Rancheros Visitadores spring ride to the Santa Ynez Mission. I haven't made it the last two years, since my mom has been gone. This became a mothers day tradition for the two of us. In 2007, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. That was the last year, I attended, for two reasons. One, it was too hard to go with out my mom. Two, the ride had to be re-routed due to a new property owner not allowing them to cross her property. She basically stopped an almost 80 year tradition.

The Charro Camp, which my father is the camp president, has been wearing pink shirts for three years now. They partnered with Wrangler and are raising money for a Cancer Center in valley, similar to one that my mother went to while she was in treatments. These men (and wives and daughters) wear pink every year to commemorate those who have lost the battle to breast cancer. They truly are TOUGH ENOUGH TO WEAR PINK. 

Thank you Charro's for keeping my mom's spirit alive.
  

For the full article:

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment